Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What am I reading...

I have been encouraged to share what I have been reading lately.
Here are just a few of the titles that I have managed to read and/or began reading in the past 6 weeks. I am currently in the middle of reading 4 books. It depends on my mood, which one I pick up at any given reading opportunity. I never use to be able to read multiple book at one, but when you are an English major you learn to do that from necessity.

How to be Lost--Amanda Eyre Ward
The Memory Keeper's Daughter--Kim Edwards
Nineteen Minutes--Jodi Picoult
Body Surfing--Anita Shreve
Step on a Crack--James Patterson
The 6th Target--James Patterson
Lean Mean Thirteen--Janet Evanovich
Swapping Lives--Jane Green
Vanishing Acts--Jodi Picoult
My Sister's Keeper--Jodi Picoult
There is No Me Without You--Melissa Fay Greene

There is a long list of books I want to read and maybe I will compile that soon and post it. I enjoy book discussions and am curious to hear about what others are reading. Please keep posting your thoughts on books that you are reading, have read, and want to read. I am very interested. Maybe a blog book group might be in order. Who is game?

2 comments:

Mama of 5 said...

My hubby and I love the Evanovich series. Each year on our summer vacation I read "outloud" her latest book. We sit and eat junk food and laugh our heads off. I can't wait for our vacation this year to see what will happen! I just finished Memory Keepers Daughter. It is amazing what lies will do. I found the characters so frustrating!
Becky

Stacie said...

I'm in for the book group blog- that sounds like fun. (And, being a former English major myself, I remember reading more than one book at a time- I still do it sometimes!)

Oh - and to add a book (I was actually thinking about your book post this morning!) my favorite all-time book is "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zorah Neale Hurston. A lot of it is written in dialect, so it's not an easy read, but it is beautifully written. I highly recommend it!