Thursday, July 05, 2007

Favorite Books

As and English major I have had the opportunity to get to read thousands of books that I may not have picked up on my own--I tend to go for mystery and comedy/romance books with an occasionally read of the chick-lit variety--I absolutely love Nora Roberts, Patricia Cornwell, Janet Evanovich and Catherine Coulter.

Here is a beginning list of my favorite books

Paris Trout--Peter Dexter
Meridian--Alice Walker
Sula--Toni Morrison
Confessions of Nat Turner--William Styron
Tobacco Road--Erskine Caldwell
Catch-22--Joseph Heller
Confederacy of Dunces--John Kennedy Toole
Moses Ascending--Samuel Selvon
Sanctuary--William Faulkner
As I Lay Dying--William Faulkner
Vendor of Sweets--R. K. Narayan
Their Eyes Were Watching God--Zora Neale Hurston
Summer Before the Dark--Doris Lessing
Tess of D'urbervilles--Thomas Hardy
Skin Tight and Sick Puppy--Carl Hiassen
Paradise Lost--John Milton
Wide Sargasso Sea--Jean Rhys
A Room of One's Own--Virgina Woolf
Breath, Eyes, Memory--Edwidge Danticat
Haroun and the Sea of Stories--Salman Rushdie
Pudd'nhead Wilson--Mark Twain
The Blithedale Romance--Nathaniel Hawthorne
Cane--Jean Toomer
O'Pioneers--Willa Cather

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I see some of my favorites on your list, but also some others that I want to read. What are you working on in your English Lit degree? Just curious. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post about it. :)
kevinandstacie@yahoo.com