Thursday, July 27, 2006

Needing Nerves of Steel...

Well we got our news about court. You would think I would be happier. But I am not. Our case did not pass court on the 24th--there was a minor error. Our case will be resubmitted on Aug 4th--yeah that is the final court date before the court closure. Samson--our agency's attorney is confident that our case will pass then, so we have been given the go ahead to confirm our travel plans for our August 23rd embassy date. Well shit. My stomach is all tied up in knots. What the hell happens if we don't pass court on the 4th? I can't handle that. I won't be able to handle that. I am not going to get a minute of sleep until I hear on the 4th. Thank goodness we are going out of town this weekend. I am going to need to be distracted--in a number of ways. This so sucks. I just for once in my life would like something to go exactly as it should. So everyone put in a kind word for us with the adoption fates as we really need some good thoughts coming out way.

SHIT....

7 comments:

writex3 said...

Dawn, I just got an e-mail from our friend in NY who is also affected. I came right over to your blog, hoping it wasn't true. You're right, this sucks. You're in my heart, be strong.

5KidMom said...

Major BUMMER!

Good thoughts, prayers, etc. coming your way!!!

Anonymous said...

I am with you Dawn! Our court date is on Aug. 4th too...and while I am thrilled we have a date BEFORE the closure, I am so dang stressed that something could go wrong...
UGH.
I'll be anxiously waiting for good news along with you!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?!
- you waited less than 5 months for a referral
- you have a very young wonderful baby boy
- you have a court date before the courts close!!!!!!
- you will be traveling to bring your son home in August!!!!!!!
- you have the unbelievable fortune to be able to be a stay at home mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT is not going your way? From where I sit EVERYTHING is going your way.

You are not even working now. Why don't you just go to Ethiopia now and be with your son until you can bring him home? Even if you have to be there for a few months? You are have the unbelievable fortune of not having to work now. You could do this. You could be with your son RIGHT NOW!!!!

Unknown said...

Aaarrrggghhh! Snags are no fun, especially when the moment you've been waiting for is so close. How nerve-wracking!

I have heard of folks who went over early and spent a few weeks volunteering at the orphanage before they were allowed to bring their babies home. I know it's probably unrealistic for both of you to just pick up and spend the next month (or two) in Ethiopia, but is there any chance you could go ahead and book a single ticket for you to get there, but leave your husband's tickets and your return flights a little more open-ended? I know not everyone is the enthusiastic and independent world traveler that I am, so I know not everyone thinks that a few extra weeks in Ethiopia without your primary partner in crime would be as awesome as I think it would be, but it might be something to consider...

Sending kind words to the adoption fates for you!

Carrie said...

It must be so incredibly nerve racking to be so close to the edge between bringing your baby home now or waiting a few months. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you next week!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Talk about nerve wracking -- I'm SO sorry to hear about this.
Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!