Thursday, May 04, 2006

To Nest or Not to Nest...

That is the question. Okay so that isn't exactly what Shakespeare wrote, but I am an English teacher with and English degree and I truly think that is what he really meant.

It has begun. I have given myself over completely to my desire and need to prepare for my baby. I am assuming and preparing for a boy. We did not ask for a specific gender, but I need to guess gender, as I want to start acting like I am really pregnant. I am beginning to think that for sanity's sake I should have specified gender, because then I would know...but I didn't and I don't so I am gambling. Maybe in doing this I will tempt fate. Hey I am all about tempting fate. I am a rebel--come and get me.

Unfortunately, our house is no where near ready for nesting. It is a remodeling mine field. I can barely walk from one room to the other without tripping over something. Yet I keep collecting the twigs that will make up my nest. I was bitten by the overwhelming desire to shop again today. I must... I need something to hold on to, even if it is only a three pack of the cutest little gender neutral large onesies. Or the crib set I bought with the cutest lion on it, or the soft as can be fleece blanket. I need something as I am surrounded by pregnant women. Both of my neighbors are pregnant, a fellow grad student friend is pregnant. They are all nesting and preparing and I want to build a nest too...

No comments: