Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Green with envy!!!

Well, all of the families whose dossier was sent with ours--except the family waiting for a toddler girl--have received thier refferals within the last 5 days. I am so very happy for them, but extremely envious that they have thier baby and we are still waiting. I know I sound like my high school students--but life is so not fair. I want my baby. I want to see his/her face and have a name. I want to know our child. I want to be able to prepare and have it not be an abstraction. I have a teddy bear that I made at the Build-a-Bear workshop here at our baseball stadium sitting in my bedroom reminding me that he doesn't have an owner yet. I look at the diaper bag I bought and can't wait to fill it with things that we will need on our trip to Ethiopia and for everyday after that--for a few years anyway. Oh am I ever ready....

I have decided to wait to do the nursery until I know the age and sex of the baby. I want to wait until I know my baby before I start to decorate. I want to do the room knowing our baby and keeping him/her in mind as I prepare thier room. Every part of me is nervous, excited, anxious, stressed, and nearly unable to function properly. It has to happen soon, or I am certain that I will spontaneously combust. My husband is going on a golf trip this weekend and he leaves on Thursday. I am certain Thursday will be the day as he will not be home to share in the good news with me. I hope I can make it....

3 comments:

5KidMom said...

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for sharing your story. I feel like I know you a little better now. I especially enjoyed the part about breaking out the tile wall. I bet that would be therapeutic!!

Keep the faith! Your referral is right around the corner. I know the wait stinks to high heaven, but the moment you hold your sweet little one in your arms, it will all be worth it. Take it from one who knows. We just got back from Ethiopia with our baby girl 4/9.

All the best,
Blaine

writex3 said...

Hi Dawn - I just noticed your link to your blog - thanks for sharing! Its so cool to be able to "meet" everyone a little better this way. You have been such a great supporter and trooper - I hope that I would have handled these referrals with the same dignity you have. I want you to have your baby too! Any day now. Any day. You're in our thoughts -Steph

writex3 said...

Hi Dawn - I just noticed your link to your blog - thanks for sharing! Its so cool to be able to "meet" everyone a little better this way. You have been such a great supporter and trooper - I hope that I would have handled these referrals with the same dignity you have. I want you to have your baby too! Any day now. Any day. You're in our thoughts -Steph