Friday, April 07, 2006

Why Me???


Unfortunately the only babies we have right now are of the furry variety. We have 2 dogs--they will be 7 soon, 1-10 yr old cat and the two babies at the left. I keep joking with my husband that if we don't have a baby soon we will need to move to a farm because our house is too small for more animals. My mother instinct is so strong right now, I want something little to care for. How sad am I???

The title refers to my situation as a high school teacher. I just found out today that I have yet another student who is pregnant. I teach juniors and seniors in high school. This student makes number 17 on th year--for me a lone--that is pregnant or delievered a baby already this school year. It makes me want to scream. I can't believe that these teens who look forward to living on welfare--they have told me such when I ask how they are going to raise and pay for thier baby--can get pregnant wihtout a problem and that my husband and I who have science on our side can't. It just isn't fair. Yes I know who said life would be fair? No one, but come on the cosmic forces must know that I would be a better parent than a 16 year old who can't even finish her homework. I had one student--this burns my ass--who went into labor 2+ months early because she got into a fight. Yeah she is more fit to be a parent than me.

I know I sound like a whiny little baby, but we have been trying to have a family for 5 years and it has been a very long emotional road. I can't believe that it really will happen soon, of course not before 4 or 5 more of my students deliever thier babies.

On a lighter note--I am fifty, yes fifty pounds lighter than I was 5 months ago. That atleast gives me something to smile about...When will our referral come? Soon please!!!! If someone out there is the cosmic space could take some time off from letting my teenage students get pregnant and helping those of us waiting to be parents to those orphans in Ethiopia who need us we would really appreciate it.

No comments: