Monday, April 03, 2006

What is a waiting mother to do?

It seems that as everyday passes and there is no news of a referral we get closer and closer to the ominous court closure. The Ethiopian courts close for 6 weeks every year and that is like purgatory. If you get your referral before then, but your case doesn't get to court before it closes you have to add an additional 6 weeks to your waiting time. Just the thought of that scares me. I don't know what I will do with myself if we have to wait until Oct or Nov to travel. That will be awful.

We are working on the nursery and that is at least taking my mind off of things. Everyone says get a hobby, keep yourself busy. Yeah well easy for them to say they are not waiting. We have decided that when we travel to Ethiopia we will pick up the baby first prior to doing any traveling. I just know that I could not be in the country and not be with my baby. That would be so hard. Traveling with an infant won't be easy but it will be so worth it. I want to see Ethiopia with my baby.

No comments: