Wednesday, May 09, 2007

One Year Ago Today...

The adoption stork delivered this picture


and the message that he was ours if we accepted his referral. The minute I saw him, I knew he was ours and there was no way we would be turning down his referral. That thought was incomprehensible to me. I felt as if I had known him and that he was part of me. It was a bizzare feeling that I have not yet been able to put into words. This little boy who was only 39 days old in the picture created a love in me that has only continued to grow. He has given me so much hope that the world is not hopeless. Children really are the hope that our world needs to be a better place. He has made me want to be a better person. He has made me a better person.
And here he is today...

What a difference a year makes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all of our referral anniveraries are rolling around. Doesn't time fly (when you're not waiting for a referral, that is!)

Congratulations to all of you. Minnow is always in our hearts. I will never forget the times I visited with him at Layla shortly before you went.
mp