Thursday, April 26, 2007

Are you sure it isn't the Terrible Ones????

I love my son and he has brought so much joy to our lives, but toddlerhood has totally set in and he has a new trick. What is it you ask? Screaming. Screaming everytime he wants something. He can say please and does but after he screams. I never thought a child so little could scream with such force and pitch. He might have a future in horror films as a voice over screamer for some scared little girl. How long can I expect this to last? I might need to invest in some ear plugs...Only slightly joking.

On a brighter note--we have said good-bye to the bottle all together. He has been off of daytime bottles for quite a while, but he said good-bye to his bedtime bottle 3 nights ago. All on his own. He rejected in and I haven't offered it since. He seems to be sleeping great at night. I am so happy, as I was not looking forward to taking that away from him. Well, he is about to wake up and I am going to take this chance to enjoy some absolute silence.

3 comments:

writex3 said...

Dawn, Princess Leia became a 'terrible-two' when she started walking at (gasp) 8 months. She quit being a 'two' about the time she turned four. On a more optimistic note, Bumblebee was a monsterous 1 year old but has been lovely ever since. Teeny...well, as you know, he is enormous and still is not walking nor does he say please! But he, too, is starting little temper-tantrums. They're a bit cuter the third time around, as I know they will pass. Hang in there. Remember, motherhood is funny.

Amy B. said...

It is funny that I am sitting reading your post, my little one is sitting in time out for screaming at the top of her lungs...and in a not so nice voice. What is it with munchkins and their loud voices? It is good that we have tolerant neighbors :) Amy

Karianne said...

Bec is also loud as all get out as well. I tell my mom that I'm going to be deaf by the time he is in preschool.