Friday, January 12, 2007

Growing Up

Minnow is growing up so fast. Now that he is mobile, we are starting to do a lot more with the SAHM's group that I belong to. We went on our first playdate last week at one of the mom's houses and today we met up with about 10 other moms and their kids at one of our mall's indoor play areas. It was awesome. Minnow is such a ham. He loves to be the center of attention. He was playing--as much as a nine month old can--with the other kids. He crawled after him and then they crawled after him. He had such a blast. He didn't freak out when the bigger kids were running around. He laughed and giggled and kissed and touched, etc. It was great. I love to see him being social. I like how mobile he is and how he compares in size to other kids his age and to those a little older. I hope he stays outgoing and gregarious as I don't know what I would do with an introvert. I wish I had my camera with me, as there was a funhouse style mirror and Minnow spent a good 15 minutes kissing himself in the reflection. Good to see his self-esteem is intact. I love being a mom and I love being his mom. I have found peace.


I use to curse whatever higher power there is out there because I couldn't have kids of my own. But I am so very thankful because I cannot imagine not having Minnow. He is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. Thank you fertility gods. I wouldn't trade Minnow for anything.

No comments: