Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday's are

the best day of the week. I love football. I love to watch football--especially in High Def on a 52 inch widescreen.

That's all....

I totally felt completly unsatisfied with the whole sentence that I posted. I feel so my age (35). A good friend of mine is getting married in December and I have the honor of being one of her bridesmaids. Last night was her bachelorette party. To me, going out bar hopping is akin to having anything waxed--not fun, but this was necessary. We have know each other since we were 12. I am not a social person. I love to socialize, but with people I know or have something in common with aside from knowing the same person. I don't like small talk, and it is really hard when you don't really know anyone well and when they all know each other very well. It helped me notice how closed women can be. No one was especially chatty to me or really tried to involve me in any conversation and I tried to be involved but when you don't know them and they know each other it is hard. But I stuck it out for a few hours anyway. I am so happy that I have the friends I have, but I now appreciate how hard it is to really make friends once you reach a certain stage in your life.

I also appreciate the fact that I didn't have a bachelorette party. I was spared the chocolate penises, the penis water gun and the glow in the dark penis earrings as well as the glow in the dark penis straw. To me, that is the kind of bachelorette thing you do in your twenties, not mid thirties--where was the day at the spa, or the wine tasting?

2 comments:

5KidMom said...

"where was the day at the spa, or the wine tasting?"

Thank you!! I did get married in my 20's, and I still managed to transition from my single life, to married life without the various penis accoutrements. Ewwwww! No class.

Glad you at least managed to have a little fun.

Girl con Queso said...

I'm so right there with you. I didn't have one either, and I really don't like them at all. But I'm totally up for the wine tasting spa day. Now that sounds like fun!!