Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Path We Take...

Since I have become a mom I have been doing a lot of thinking about the paths I have chosen in life. I know that I would not do much different as if I had, I wouldn't have met my hubby and might not have my son. But, the older I get I look back and hope that my children don't take the same paths that I did. I hope to give my children more direction than my parents gave me. I am not saying my parents didn't do a good job; they did the best that they could as young parents. My mom was only 17 and my dad 21 when I was born. I owe a great deal to my parents. They taught me so much and loved me dearly. I know that my role as my children's parents will contribute to both their successes and failures. I also know that I don't bear the sole responsibility. I am on a contributing factor. I want my son to be all that he can be and have a life that will allow and encourage him to become everything the universe has intended him to be. Hence the picture of the bridges. We as his parents are the first bridge, but as his parents we can only watch from the first bridge as he crosses the second. Oh, how bittersweet the view will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the picture right away before reading the post even - what a good analogy.
-Steph
p.s. (I think our boys will be crossing some pretty amazing bridges. Should make for some fun watching and cheering on our parts!)

Girl con Queso said...

Fantastic post.