Friday, August 11, 2006

A Stark Reminder

This story is a reminder of what our child might be leaving behind. Only being a week away from travel this story touched me in a way that I cannot at this point articulate. I am sad for my son that he could not stay with his birthmother. I am sad for my son that he will never know her. I am sad for my son because he will not have the opportunity to know his birthfamily. I am sad that I will have to someday tell me and explain to him that we do not know anything about the woman who gave birth to him. I am sad for my son that he will forever have a hole in his heart that I will not be able to fill. I can only hope to help him heal when the time comes.

1 comment:

Fizzle said...

I know *exactly* where you're coming from. The line about adoption that always resonates is that "adoption is born of loss."