Thursday, August 02, 2007

What I Did Last Night

I have been having trouble getting to sleep at night. I usually read in bed until 11--when hubby makes me turn out my reading light. It usually then takes me about 20-30 minutes to fall asleep. Last night, I wasn't near tired and hubby was so I decided I would read in the den. Then I decided I would just catch up reading some blogs. I have been wanting to read dooce's archives. I have been reading her sight for about a year but wanted to read more--as I think she rocks. Then I was tired of reading and wanted to watch a little TV as that tends to wind me down. I watch 5 episodes of the season two of Weeds. If you are not a watcher of Weeds, let me just say you don't know what you are missing. It is hilarious. It is on showtime, which I won't pay for so I buy the seasons in the summer and watch them. It is cheaper than 3 months of showtime.

So, I am finally ready to try to sleep at 2am when what do I hear? Yeah the sweet and sour sounds of a 16 month old who is awake and doesn't want to go back to sleep. We change the diaper--I mean I not we...Still crying. I get him some milk--he drinks it all. Sleeps for 25 minutes and then still crying. At this point it is now 3 am and I am frickin' tired and ready to sleep. Hubby gets up and brings said baby to bed with us. Said baby tosses and turns. Nothing like getting kicked in the face with those infant size 5's. He decides it is time to sing a song--baby karaoke...Hubby snuggles with him--read holds him tightly to his chest--and sings as he drifts off to sleep. Said baby wants something else...I fall asleep. It was then 4:15 am.

Little Minnow is still asleep now at 10am. I am exhausted. Hubby was almost late for work--which is almost impossible to imagine as he doesn't have to be at work until 9 am. I am crabby and sad that all those cupcakes from yesterday are gone.

One more day until vacation. We leave Saturday and it can't come fast enough.

No comments: