Thursday, August 23, 2007

My New Home

I have been thinking for some time now that I needed a new home/title. I have written previously that when I started this blog originally I did it to chronicle the adoption of our first son. That is done. Our son has been with us for one year and I have found myself every increasingly writing about topics, etc. that are not adoption related. That is not to say that I won't continue to write about adoption, as we are in the process of another adoption. But having been through one already, I find that I need to write less and less about adoption and more and more about the issues in my life and the world that interest me.

I decided that an overhaul was needed. And I really wanted it. This blog and the title Family Found hold a special place in my heart and in my life. It will stay up for the time being, as I wait or the design of my new home to be finished. But this blog/site will be more about me and who I am, etc I am a mother, a wife, a teacher, a graduate student, a woman. You will see from the title of this site that I have some delusions of grandeur. Over the last few months I have come to terms with my role as all of the aforementioned categories. I have accepted that I am not perfect and cannot be perfect. Perfection can not be achieved here on earth. Buddha taught that the way to eliminate suffering begins with understanding the true nature of the world. I am not looking to end the suffering of other, lets be honest that is a task too great for anyone. But I have started to eliminate my own suffering by understanding that as a woman, wife, mother, teacher, student, I cannot be perfect. I cannot do it all at the sametime. I have been trying to do it all and failing miserably at all of it. I am beginning to understand for myself what the true nature of the world is. That is part of the reason for the new name. And to be honest as well, it is catchy and I wanted something catchy.

I did not search online to see if the monniker The Dalai Mama had been taken. If it has and it was taken by you...I'm sorry. I am not trying to steal your thunder. Interneters do not think that I wanted to poach someone elses identity. I had a long list of names for this new site and after really looking at where I am in life right now and my whole outlook on life I really felt that this was perfect for me. I am sure there are many Dalai Mama's out there. I am just the next reincarnation. That is how I look at it.

Please bare with the blandness of the site as it is being designed and should be up and running at full force in about a month. I am working with a talented designer from Swank Web Style and am looking forward to having the site professionally designed.

Stay tuned. I will be cross-posting my posts until the move is complete.

No comments: