Friday, June 23, 2006

OOPS

I feel crappy that I didn't post a father's day message for hubby or for my own dad who is one of the most important people in my life. Hubby has been dreaming of this day for a long time. He sees his purpose in life as being a father and inspiring his children to help change the world and make it a better place. He is so very cute in his excitment--as reserved as it might be--and even cuter in his shear nervousness--he has never held a baby. I wanted to get him something special for Father's day. I came across this great little company that makes children's books that are custom made-- www.iseemyface.com. You send in a face shot of the person--in this case daddy and they use a characiture of his face on the man in the story. They also put in a dedication. It turned out really nice and it was fairly inexpensive. They put a little too much advertising in the book for me, but hubby was moved and thought it was really cool. So honey, I am sorry this post if late, but happy father's day--your son is lucky to have a man like you.

To my own dad--for whom I bought a 5lb salami--you are my rock. You are the reason I am the person I am today--and yes that is a compliment (I hope). You taught me the value of a hard day's work and that in the end family is the most important even above your own happiness. You always but me and the boys first and never let us down. To all the games you coached and the ones you never missed. You challenged my behavior when it needed to be and were not afraid to tell it to me like it was. You raised a strong, confident, indpendent daughter and she loves and thanks you for it everyday. Your grandson is lucky to have you as a second role model.

I love you both.

No comments: