Thursday, June 29, 2006

A glimmer of hope


We received the camera we sent in our welcome bag back today. I was so very excited. I rushed to Walgreens ordered double prints and a cd of the photos. I was looking forward to filling a page in Noah's life book with these pictures. We had one photo on the camera, the rest of the film was empty--wiped clean. The picture was in the middle of the negatives. I was so saddened. But one picture is better than no pictures.

I emailed our agency today and requested an update on our little guy. The request has been forwarded to Ethiopia so hopefully next week I should get an acutal update--how big he is, how he is progressing etc, and another picture. But he looks cute. I really just want him in my arms. It will happen soon enough. I am nearing the final phase of nursery preparation--will finish painting saturday and hope to lay the floor on Sunday. I am making progress. WooHoo. Tomorrow is friday and I will then only have 9 days of work until I offically a stay at home mom. It doesn't matter that they baby isn't home yet does it?

2 comments:

writex3 said...

Oh, Dawn, I just love it when they sleep with their little bottoms up in the air like that. He is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, he's so precious -- how disappointing to only get one photo! I hope you get an update soon.

And no, it doesn't matter if the baby's home yet or not. You're mothering him from afar -- heck, I'm mothering my baby and I don't even know who she is yet! :)