Thursday, May 25, 2006

Finally Over!

The school year that is. I said good-bye to the last of my high school students today. It was not hard. I think that says something telling about where I am in my life. I am ready and prepared to not be a school teacher anymore. I am ready to be a mom. I am lucky that I do not have to go back to work when the baby comes. I have come to terms with the fact that our life style will change--I shy away from using the term "quality" of life because the quality of our life can only increase with the addition of our so.

I am somewhat saddened that I was not sad to leave my job today. I do have to go and turn in grades and my keys, etc tomorrow. And there is summer school but I still was unemotional about today. I thought I would feel more saddness that I wouldn't see them again next year. I think the writing is on the wall. I am ready to leave teaching for the time being and thrive as a mom. I hope that is the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»